Late discontinuation under special circumstances
From 1 January 2022 the DC process has changed:
- The process will be referred to as late discontinuation under special circumstances.
- Applications will be assessed by Student Administrative Services (SAS), not faculties.
- There will no longer be a DC deadline around week 8 where you can withdraw and receive a DC automatically. Any unit you withdraw from after census date and before the last day of the teaching period will result in a Discontinue Fail (DF) grade.
- Tuition fees (including HECS/HELP) will automatically be re-credited, refunded or remitted if a DC is approved.
- The information below reflects this new process.