Hi Abe,

I’ve been accused of changing the medical certificate I used for special consideration for an assignment. I don’t know why they are accusing me of this. I saw the doctor and he said I had to pay a fee, but he was a real doctor. What should I do?

Genuinely Sick

Hi Genuinely Sick,

Providing a fake medical certificate is considered a very serious matter by the University. Usually, they phone the doctor to check if a certificate is fake or real. If the University has made this mistake with your certificate you should talk to a caseworker about what your options are. If you have used a fake medical certificate it is always best to admit to your wrongdoing, and explain the circumstances that caused you to do this. Again, talk to a caseworker about how to respond to the Uni.