SRC caseworkers are trained and experienced staff who can assist undergraduate students at the University of Sydney with issues that affect them every day, by providing independent advice, advocacy and support. The service is free, independent and confidential.
Advice & support in the areas of:
• Tenancy & accommodation
• Academic rights & appeals
• Special consideration & special arrangements
• Withdrawal, discontinuations, fee queries
• Misconduct & academic dishonesty allegations
• Academic progress, show cause & exclusion
• All Centrelink matters
• Harassment & discrimination
To see a caseworker:
Drop-ins (no appointment required):
Tuesdays & Thursdays, between 1 and 3pm
The SRC offices are located on Level 1, Wentworth Building G01, University of Sydney NSW 2006 (access from City Road, walk down the staircase to basement level). See map.
p: 9660 5222 (please phone to make an appointment 9am – 5pm weekdays)
If you are from another Sydney University campus, please call 9660 5222 to make an appointment to see a visiting SRC caseworker on your campus. Some casework is possible to resolve over email or the telephone.
Email a caseworker:
What to bring to an appointment:
Please bring the following PRINTED material to your caseworker appointment:
• Your current academic record (from MyUni) if it is a University matter.
• All emails or letters you have written to the University about your issue (now or in the past, ie if you have had to show cause before.)
• All emails or letters University staff have written to you about this issue (check through your emails in case you may have missed something.)
• Any documents or evidence you have and plan to show to the University.
• Any draft letter you may have prepared for us to look at. We encourage you to read the SRC leaflet on the issue and have a go at writing something, even in dot point form.
PRINTED format only please
See videos explaining our activities and services by clicking here.