Henri Collyer, Ricky Rangra, Shiyun Cheng, Silei Wen

Student Housing Officer

As student housing officers, we recognise that students are living in all kinds of different situations. We know that for many students, accommodation is one of the biggest expenses, and finding a decent place to live in Sydney certainly isn’t easy! Dodgy landlords, leaking roofs, high rent prices, miscommunication – all of these things make it more difficult to find appropriate, affordable accommodation while you’re studying.

Fortunately, there’s help at hand! SRC caseworkers can sit down with you to help you with your housing issues. They can inform you about what rights you have, get legal advice for you and explain how to access things like the Centrelink Rent Assistance scheme which provides financial aid to students living out of home.

As the Student Housing officers, we’re available for a chat if you want to know more.  Get in touch with us via email to let us know about your opinions and to find out more about how the SRC can help you!

NOTICE – CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL BANS: If your accommodation status has been affected by the recent Coronavirus travel bans, please contact help@src.usyd.edu.au for assistance. They may be able to help you if your accommodation has been cancelled or altered as a result of you not being able to come to Sydney, or if you have been stuck paying rent for accommodation that you are not living in.

Latest Reports