RENTAL ACCOMMODATION CHECKLIST
Choosing your home:
- Transport to Uni
- Signs of pests or mould, water pressure, noise
- What is included in the price (e.g., electricity, internet)
Before moving in:
- Start and finish dates on lease/contract
- Penalty for leaving early
- Full legal name and address for landlord
- Condition report – photos of damage
- Email yourself photos, lease/contract, and receipts (bond/deposit and rent)
Before you move in:
- Take photos of any damage to the property and email it to yourself.
- Store a copy of your agreement and all of your receipts (bond/deposit and rent).
While you are living there:
- Condition report or photos of damage
- Communicate with landlord in writing (emails) for everything
When you move out:
- Photos showing no damage
- Submit bond claim form (leases only)
If you need advice on understanding, negotiating or ending a contract, contact an SRC Caseworker. p: 9660 5222
You can also contact a specialist Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service. Google: Tenants.