There’s more to USyd than just Camperdown. We have nine other campuses and thousands of proud USyd students who don’t call the sandstone halls of the Quad home. Are you one of these students? If so, the Intercampus Department is here for you. This year we’re going to do things a bit differently. Keep an eye out for us at your campuses because we’ll be around frequently as your representatives of the University of Sydney Student Representative Council. In previous years we feel that student services have been an exclusive Camperdown privilege. Despite the good work of many student activists, we want to ensure that all students, regardless of location, have the ability to access the amazing services that their SSAF pays for too. Get fired up SCA, Mallet, Cumbo, Con and Camden kids because we are thousands strong, we are proud Usyd students and we love our university, and it’s about time we got some of that sweet lovin’ back.
Our vision, our plan for 2015 is to make your SRC more accessible, more available, and more accountable to you, students of satellite campuses. Your campus should not determine your access. For the first time in too long, your Intercampus officers are Intercampus students, we study with you and we are familiar with your problems because they are our problems too. We are your link to your SRC so don’t be shy, come Holla at us. You now have the opportunity to bring up your issues to the SRC! So make sure to take up this advantage and all of the SRC services.
This year we will be:
• Providing frequent meaningful consultations to your campuses
• Bringing the SRC to you and ensuring that you get acquainted with your President and Executives
• Delivering caseworkers and legal services to your campuses so you don’t have to make the trek out to Camperdown
• Expanding Union events to your campuses
• Fighting for the small things such as longer facility hours (e.g. libraries, practice rooms, studio rooms) and more frequent shuttle buses
Contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll also be seeing us around on your campus daily. So come say hi!
Your Intercampus Officers for 2015,
Jason, Mary, Mary and Fiona