The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has currently announced new Post-Study Work Arrangements – this will be incorporated into the existing Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
You might be eligible for this visa if you meet all of the following:
- Be under 50 years of age
- Apply for this visa in Australia
- Score minimum of 6 in each of the four components of IELTS or can demonstrate competent English level
- Completed at least a Bachelor degree level or above in Australia
- Held a qualifying student visa including subclass 572, 573 or 574
- previously applied for your first student visa after 5 November 2011
The biggest benefit of this new arrangement is that you no longer need to nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or satisfy any points test in order to qualify! This will allow some students to complete their professional year or obtain the required work experience to apply for a further visa later.
If you wish to read more about this new visa arrangement, you can either visit the DIAC website, or contact Ms Annie Zeng, a registered migration agent from SRC Legal Service. We can discuss your particular circumstances to see whether you are eligible for this new arrangement, completely free of cost! Call the SRC on 02 9660 5222 and we are happy to help you with all immigration or visa related questions.