ASK ABE: From the Country

Hi Abe,

I am from country New South Wales. I have a large family
that I miss very much. Uni is frankly giving me the shits.
I’m finding it really hard to get through my studies. Is it too late to quit now? Will I get any credit for the work I’ve already done? What should I do?

Country Boy

Hi Country Boy,

I am really sorry to hear that you’re having such a difficult time. There are a few options for you to consider. You can discontinue your studies for this semester. However, you will not get any credit for the work you’ve done this semester. You can only get credit for subjects you have successfully completed. I think you should talk to a counselor about your situation. You may be able to develop techniques that will help you cope with your homesickness. This might allow you to complete this semester. Having said that if you do want to discontinue some or all of your subjects talked to the SRC about the process you should use.


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply