Dear Abe,

I’ve got a million things going on in my life at the moment and uni just can’t be my number one priority. I can’t imagine that I will be attending many classes from now until the end of the year. I know I’ve missed the HECs census date, but is there a way that I can avoid failing.

Past Census


Dear Past Census,

You are still in time to apply for a Discontinue Not to count as Fail grade (DNF). Look on your faculty website for details on how to do this. This means you will have no academic penalty, but will still be liable for fees. However, if you can show that you reasonably believed that you could complete the subject at the beginning of the year, then things disintegrated beyond your control, you may be able to apply for a refund. Ask an SRC caseworker for details based on your personal circumstances.


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply