10 Tips and Tricks for getting around The Con.
1. If you want to practice on a weekday you’ll need to get up early, practice rooms fill up by 9am and it’s a struggle to find one until 6pm!
2. The Con is open 7am-10pm on weekdays 8am-10pm on Saturdays and 10am-6pm on Sundays and public holidays.
3. There is a computer lab hidden on level 1 that has useful software such as Sibelius, Finale and Audacity. This is open to all students, all hours Monday-Saturday and is particularly useful when the library is closed.
4. If you want to rehearse with your chamber ensemble or simply practice in a larger space, you can book any ensemble room, recital hall or music workshop for up to 2 hours a day. Just check this website for room availabilities: https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/venuebookings/venueCalendar.jsp?mode=Timetables and then email email@example.com. On Sundays or public holidays you can only book ensemble rooms on level 3.
5. If you do AP or Harmony, do yourself a favour and do the homework the day of or
next day. This way you don’t have to worry about it all week.
6. If you’re having personal problems the con now has e-counselling in room 4037,all you have to do is book an appointment with CAPS.
7. If you have any issues contact an SRC caseworker on 9660 5222 or email them from the SRC website. They can even come to the con campus for your appointment. See the website http://srcusyd.net.au for more details about how they can help you
8. Want a con hoodie? Want to write in the Conversation magazine? Have a suggestion to improve the con? Email the CSA at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Unsure about what to do after a con concert when you’re itching for a beer? Go the the Paragon where you can get a discount on food if you show your student card.
10. Any student can have their own free concert on a Wednesday night that is
advertised on the Con Website. Just email email@example.com to book